Scholarship Award 2014
The Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists is looking for candidates for the George W. Neighbor Jr. Memorial Scholarship award.
• Currently enrolled in a Forensic Science or related science program
• Full-time undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
• Full or part-time graduate students (limited to first two years for PhD students)
• The student must demonstrate excellence in his/her academic program.
• Two letters of recommendation from professors involved in a Forensic Science curriculum.
• A letter from the student describing his/her personal goals, achievements and reasons for award consideration. (Minimum of 250 words - maximum of 500 words)
• An official school transcript, which must include Fall 2013 grades.
• Applicants should be attending college within the area from which the Northeastern Association of
Forensic Scientists draws its members (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania).
Application requirements must be emailed by June 30th, 2014. Out of fairness to all potential candidates, no exceptions will be made.
|Scholarship Recommendation Form|
Carol De Forest Student Research Grant
The Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists is looking for candidates for the Carol De Forest Student Research Grant.
The Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists lost a dear friend on October 3rd, 2011 when Carol De Forest, wife of Dr. Peter De Forest, lost her battle with cancer. The sight of Peter and Carol De Forest at a NEAFS meeting was as common as trace evidence on bullets, and of course always welcome. Carol invariably greeted everyone with a huge smile followed by a warm embrace. The sincerity with which she made these greetings was obvious. She always had a kind word for everyone and her compliments were genuine. For many of us, Carol’s role and influence went well beyond the Annual Meeting, as she became affectionately known as “The First Lady of Forensic Science”. To honor her spirit and enthusiasm, a student research grant fund has been established. The Carol De Forest Student Research Grant, to be awarded each year, has been designed to provide full time undergraduate or graduate forensic science students with financial assistance to conduct research.
Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- The applicant must be a full-time student completing his or her undergraduate or graduate degree at a regionally accredited institution located in the Northeastern U.S. (New England, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania).
- The applicant must be majoring in a natural, allied or forensic science.
- The student must have a research advisor who is a faculty member at the student’s academic institution.